ANDREW JOHN MULLEN MA
EDUCATION AND DEVLOPMENT
Attended the Royal Hospital School Holbrook and Kings College, University of London.
Managing Director and Founder of Alusen Ltd Company Number 09613367
Business Development Manager – Penwith Community Development Trust - 2015
• Strategy development: Lead on writing, implementing and monitoring a financial and fundraising strategy which embraces all sources of income generation to complement PCDT’s wider business plan and contributes significantly to the Trust’s longer term sustainability.
• Bid writing: Lead on generating restricted income through bid and tender writing to provide a sustainable and diverse income stream for the Trust which enables continuing delivery of a range of community focused projects.
• Relationships: Build relationships with the private/commercial sector to explore options for additional income and opportunities for sales of services and products which will build on PCDT’s existing reputation and achieve the Trust’s aim of becoming a leader in the sector.
• Fundraising: Develop a strategy for generating unrestricted funding and lead on organising a range of fundraising activities which raise the Trust’s profile and provide opportunities for building reserves which can be used to support work that benefits local communities.
• Networks: Work with other Leadership Team members to develop new partnerships and undertake networking activities to promote the Trust as widely as possible so that all new opportunities are maximised.
• Horizon scanning: Lead on exploring all opportunities for new business development by researching legislation, investigating loan and share options and generally horizon scanning for new government and health agendas so that the Trust is at the forefront of new initiatives across Cornwall.
Scope Business Development Manager Southern England - 2011-2014
• Primary task is to develop new business opportunities in line with an agreed annual work plan drawn from national and regional business plans. Ensuring that the product/service is financially sustainable and fully tested before implementation. I completely understand the need for financial modelling, well managed implementation and the need to meet strict budget requirements.
• Project manage developments, working with a range of functions across Scope, delivering on time, highlighting and managing risks.
• Working collaboratively with fundraising, media and campaigns teams, sharing responsibility for the achievement of jointly agreed objectives.
• In order to conduct my current business successfully I have a good knowledge of current policies and procedures involving contracting and HR issues, financial management, equality issues, Health and Safety legislation. I am used to operating within a performance management environment and working within a culture of change management, modernisation and quality control. I am a naturally good leader, manager, organiser and administrator used to producing high grade work punctually and to a consistently high standard. I have excellent interpersonal skills and I am an able communicator both on paper and verbally. I computer literate in all required areas.
Head Of Service – Scope Inclusion (South West Area) - 2004 – 2011
• Budget £3 million – managing this budget includes regular meetings with funding authorities, service users and families: Such regular and personal interaction has allowed me to forge excellent working relationships and develop a deep understanding of the needs of the local community and our customers.
• Staff 130 – comprised of various professional groups including administrators, nurses and care workers. I have very good interpersonal skills which have enabled me to form a cohesive, efficient, loyal and happy team.
• Effective delivery of social inclusion and day services to disabled children, young people and adults across Cornwall including management of Churchtown Farm Day Service.
• Provide all support, commissioning, contracting and financial services that underpin the business. Thanks to this extensive experience, I am able to manage budgets and ensure an efficient and focussed delivery of service always with developing the business in mind.
• Intimate knowledge of local area, service users, local authorities
• Membership of a Cornwall and Isles of Scilly PCT Committee overseeing children’s disability issues in the county,
• Membership of County Council Committee dealing with Disabled Children’s short breaks.
• Chair of 20 local and national charities that work with disabled children in Cornwall
• Internal to the organisation I am responsible for the delivery of all financial, HR, administrative support, including rota planning, H&S and transport issues with 14 vehicles.
Ministry Of Defence - Royal Navy 1973 – 2004
Various ranks and responsibilities over 31 years.
Final post: Logistic Commander Devonport Naval Base 2001 - 2004
• Responsibility for the delivery of logistic and personnel support from the base to the ships, submarines and personnel stationed in Plymouth.
• The direction of a wide range of functions which included: material support, administration of pay, cash and personnel records for 3500 individuals and administration of a 2200 bed accommodation facility.
• Managed and monitored the output of a number of commercial contracts placed for a wide variety of goods and services, the largest of which was a £3.75 million domestic service contract. To achieve these outputs I managed a staff of 300 civilian and military personnel and was responsible for an annual budget of £13 million.
Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
Trained in Media Handling
Forward thinking and able to quickly identify areas to develop a business or operation.
Excellent working knowledge of all MS Office applications
Fully conversant with web based and networked IT systems
Full Clean Driving Licence
Acting & Directing: Completely Amateur Menheniot Players (CAMP) and Sterts Upton Cross.
Professional Television work.
Sailing: Qualified Yacht Coastal Skipper.
Hill Walking: Qualified Unit Expedition Leader (Summer)
West Cornwall Decorative and Fine Arts Society Member